Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mama gets out

Early this morning I did my usual thing and start a load of laundry.  Or, I should say, I tried to start a load.  The machine made it's dings, but no lights came on and it wouldn't run.  ARGH!!  Gene did some Googling and emptied out the drain and it worked!!!   

Yes, I actually got out of the house today and out of Milton, whoo hooo!  I went to Essex Junction and dropped my eyeglasses off to get reshaped from when I stepped on them in the middle of the night when we were at the Reilly's house in mid May!  Went to the credit union and picked up my new debit card (our bank account was hacked a couple of weeks ago and we needed new cards with new numbers).  The teller had me use the ATM machine to make sure the card worker.  What a trip!  I haven't used an ATM in probably 15 or more years!!  I guess I don't get out much, and when I do get out I use my debit card.  I was nervous that I wouldn't know how to use it but I guess it's like riding a bike.  Then I hit Big Lots.  I managed to spend $50 without really buying anything, ha ha.  Let's see, I bought a set of pool floats, a solar butterfly for my front garden, some Swiss Rolls (I always crave junk food when I go to Big Lots--not sure why), shower curtain liner, table cloth, and a dog leash.  I bought Casey dental floss, lip balm and new ear buds (neon green) and I found Colin some of those reusable ice cube thingys and lip balm.  And yes, they were thrilled!!  Oh, Colin likes to use "hot packs" in the winter and "cold packs" in the summer so these ice cube sheets are perfect for him. 

Headed home after that.  I was probably gone 2 hours at the most but it was nice.

Casey had just finished his first half of summer school with Ashley and was on his break.  Colin was watching a movie and getting ready for Tami to come for his school.

Casey wasn't the most cooperative and I didn't get to hear much of what they did, but we'll see Ashley on Monday and catch up.  Not sure of their outing on Monday.  Casey got obsessed on riding the city bus so he wouldn't tell Ashley where else he was interested in going.  That is something we had talked about but couldn't convince Casey that it was something that could happen right away.  We have to investigate when the bus comes to Milton, where it goes, when, and when the handicap bus comes here.  Nancy discovered some program that could make this happen so we'll have to read up on it and see how to get this going for Casey.  He rode the city bus a short way several years ago, in Burlington, and has always wanted to do it again. 

Tami (SLP)came for Colin.  We spent much of the time positioning the table and the DynaVox and his switch.  Maybe by the time school starts again we'll have the best positioning down pat.  Since we got the new beds right before school ended we hadn't had much of a change to get used to a new configuration and routine.  Struggled to get Colin to write a sentence...lots of owws and switch repositioning but it's all a learning curve for Tami.  She hasn't worked directly with Colin since maybe 2nd grade???  She's worked with him on Math via VGo but Priscilla was doing the direct things with Colin while Tami was seeing him on the VGo.  So this is a good thing because she'll have a better understanding of him and how complicated things are and can bring that back to the team so have a better sense of Colin's skills.

Aunt Chris leaves for her Alaska trip tomorrow so she was here this afternoon to hang out and say her "Goodbyes" "and "I'll miss yous."

Sorry no pictures today.


No comments:

Post a Comment