Friday, March 14, 2014

Day didn't turn out too badly

I was expecting to have more of a challenging day.  Had the boys last night.  (Colin slept great.  Casey slept well, just wanted to be flipped every hour).  Had to get up to do the morning thing--dog out, feed dog, feed cats, take meds, get coffee, get meds for Colin, Casey, etc.  Then Karyna came for Colin a bit before 7 to start his day.  Gene helped me get Casey in the shower.  Oh, he had no nurse today so I was his 'nursey' and he was having Paula work with him here today...

Casey got to relax and hang out for a bit before Paula came at 10:00.  Got him up in his chair and ready in time. 

Gene had a luncheon at The Inn at Essex for work today so he left at 11 something. 

After Casey finished with Paula, Karyna helped me get him down and situated in the living room. 

I was starting to fade, at this point, but not feeling as tired as I expected. 

Aunt Chris and Julia arrived at about the same time...1:30 or so.  Casey was happy to see her.  Colin had to wait until 2:00 when he finished school to see her. 

Gene ended up coming home not too long after that so I got to go up for my nap, wahoo!  I face planted on the bed and slept for a solid hour.  Delicious!

The rest of the day we just hung out and did our things.  Plants VS Zombies walk throughs for Colin on the ipad.  Casey had control of the big TV and had his Google Maps AND he insisted he wanted to listen to a book.  He asked specifically for Ellen's book but we had borrowed that from the library.  I found him From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler on CD so he seemed okay with that.  (Gene had to hunt down a CD man ((is that what they are called)) for him to listen to it on.)  Aunt Chris had brought a couple of things for the boys...cute little bean bag pillows, some things she scarfed from the hospital in Florida.  She also brought the new DVD Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  We'll save it for this weekend when we are all in a movie mood. OH, and I got some chocolate covered marshmallows and some HoHos from Trader Joes.

Time for bed soon.

Oh, I haven't talked much about Dad and his surgery on the blog.  I was going to write a separate entry but haven't yet.  He's finally starting to feel better and better each day.  It's been about 26 days since he had open heart surgery.  Been a few complications along the way but he's been working hard in rehab and should be doing home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment