Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

I actually got to go out to lunch today.  I met Grandma and Grandpa O'Neill, Julia, Jessi and Tim at Cody's.  It was nice to be with adults for a change and sit and relax and have good food and conversation.  I also enjoyed being by myself in the car--so freeing!

Being disappointed with the Patriots not being in the Super Bowl, we were half-hearted in our plans to watch but we did (I guess I should speak for myself here as Gene always likes a good football game and so does Casey).

At one point we thought we were going to have Timmy, RJ, Tyler and Jessi here so Gene started cooking more than we had planned.  It ended up just being Timmy and us and Aunt Chris.  So we had about 10 pounds of wings, 2 9X13 trays of nachos, chips and dip, celery and carrots, cake (from Grandma) and brownies.  We put a good dent into everything--Timmy is a big eater!

I really liked the wings.  Whatever sauce he used was good and sweet and hot so it was totally delicious!  The nachos were just okay but it didn't stop me from eating them!  Timmy brought some Sam Adams Winter Lager and I had one.  I didn't quite finish it but it was tasty.  

Colin watched Netflix, mostly, but half payed attention to the good parts of the game.  We all just kind of ate and chatted and watched the game.  I guess that's what game day is all about!  Casey was pretty good-he didn't fuss too much and he didn't have need his ipad while we were watching the game.  That would have been typical Casey--watching the Super Bowl on the big TV and watching another game on the ipad, but he was satisfied with just the big TV today.

Bummer that the power went out at the game because the boys ended up having to miss much of the second half because they had to get to bed.   We were snuggled in bed and I finished reading right before 10 o'clock when Deb came.  We finished our Magic Tree House  #48, A Perfect Time for Pandas.  I know the boys are getting a little old for Magic Tree House but we enjoy reading them together so I'll keep on reading them until they don't enjoy them anymore.

I showed Timmy his accommodations.  He said he thought he'd fit :).   I'm not sure how tall he is but he's at least 6' 4" and is VERY big.  He's got LOTS of muscle and some extra on him, too, lol.  We called him Aunt Tim for the night because he was staying in the "aunt" room.  He's the first guy to sleep in there, that I recall, anyway.

I didn't take one picture so this is all you get, ha ha.

  PS. They were the best wings Gene has ever made!




No comments:

Post a Comment