Sunday, February 10, 2013

Highlight of today.  The lasagne that Gene and I made.  It was very moist and cheesey.  Store bought sauce, which many would say is taboo, but it worked for us.  We rarely seem to ever cook together.  One, the kitchen is small.  Two, he and I don't always have the same style when it comes to menu selection or prep.  Three, one of us is usually catering to the boys needs.  Poor Gene has  problem with layering and getting the proportions right, so he kind of actually asked me to help.  And, it turned out yummy.

I hadn't done a Saturday night in a while.  I got Gene up at about 7:00 to sleep with the boys for a bit while I went up for a couple of hours.  I did pretty well, except that I was wide awake from 1AM to about 2:30 AM.  I hate that!!  Casey didn't want to turn much and Colin only wanted to maybe 4 times so it was a pretty quiet night.  I think I filled the boys humidifiers at least 3 times each because it's been SO dry!  Oh, our cute penguin room humidifier cracked--not sure when, but I ordered a new one the other day.  I always am nervous about using a humidifier at all because of what can grow, but we are pretty careful  about cleaning them.

We woke the boys around 9:30 or so. Gene threw in Aliens in the Attic and both of them were quiet as mice!  Gulliver's Travels was next.  Casey was quiet for that one, too.  He loves the part when Jack Black pees on the fire in Lilliput :)

Next, Colin got a shower.  Guess who he peed on.  Yes, ME.

Everyone got settled in the living room.  Tried Colin with some episodes of Merlyn and he liked them.  Casey got his football.  AC came and played some wii.  She is very stuck in  part of UP and no one is happy about it.

Boys are in bed.  Watching the Grammy's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment