Tuesday, February 12, 2013

high stinkin' blood pressure

When I woke up this morning I decided to call the doc to see if there was a cancellation because I was nervous about my blood pressure and I was feeling kind of yucky.  They had an 11:30 appointment so I went.

Had a new doc.  At this point, I didn't want to be choosey and she was pretty good.  Very young and calm and thorough.  My blood pressure came in at 130 something over 100.  She asked lots of questions.  Plan is to have me take the Hydrochlorothiazide every day (I was taking it occasionally for some edema), get some blood work done, and come back in two weeks. 

I got a nap in today.  I tried getting Moxie to sleep with me but she jumped off the bed.  I had been hoping we could snuggle and she'd lower my blood pressure--that's what "they" say, right????

Casey had a much better day today.  Derryk met him right off the bus and they had some good chat time.  Julie said she thought that set him up for a good day :)  He even did some VTAAP (Vermont Alternative Assessment Portfolio) without much fuss.



No comments:

Post a Comment