Monday, June 25, 2012

shopping boys

Perfect day for some shopping and getting the boys out and about.  It was the first day it's rained in 10 days.  So, Nurse Julie, Nurse Kristy, the boys and I headed out late morning.  We hit Jo-ann's first.  Believe it or not, the boys kind of liked it.  We found some ribbon for the boys' new orthotics.  Casey found some white ribbon with black music notes on it.  Colin found some green ribbon with monkeys.  Other than that, my mission there was a miss.  Still trying to find some material for a summer weight quilt for Casey that's boyish and has oranges and black.  I guess I'll know it when I see it.

Hit Aubuchon's next.  The boys liked it in there, too.  I found a pool float and Colin picked out a pool noodle in the most perfect shade of blue.  Also found some cartridge repellent thing Gene needs for a mosquito zapper he got off of Free Cycle.

I ran over to Price Chopper and got a pretty hanging basket for $9.99.  Pretty purple flowers that should do well out front...I forget what they're called.

We all voted to go to Christmas Tree Shop afterwards.  Spent quite a bit of time in there.  Kristy had Colin and Julie had Casey so I had some time to wander on my own.  Kind of weird. I wanted to find Casey to show him something.  Usually I can hear him vocalizing but the store was free of Casey yells.  Finally, I was able to hear him, but it wasn't his vocalizing but I heard his DynaVox voice!  Kudos to Casey!

I got a tub of Margarita mix to have when Jessi and Ernest come for dinner tomorrow night.  I've already mixed it up and have it in the freezer.  Found some plastic festive margarita glasses as well.  Some munchies, a couple of table cloths and a few other odds and ends completed my purchases.

Iparty was next.  Colin really wanted a hat that he found there but it was 12 plus dollars so I wouldn't but it.  I told him to ask Aunt Chris :)   I should have bought it because he really isn't one of those kids who always need to buy something.  There are more times than not he doesn't find something when we go to stores.  

Casey likes to buy for others.  Today he picked out a Jimmy Buffet book for Dad.  Some novel that has pigs in the title.  He found a large, edible nyla bone for Jaxon.  At iparty he found some Red Sox napkins.  Shhh, don't tell AC!

Some wii, Big Daddy on Netflix--not totally appropriate for Colin, but he liked it!  Now we're off to bed. Gene did some food shopping at Hannaford's so I was able to wash and sort the blue berries and hull and cutup the strawberries for tomorrow's dessert.

A good day.  Oh, except I was swiffer dusting my bookshelves in the living room and knocked off a cherub and broke it's head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment