Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gorgeous night and a funny Casey convo

Gene is still in Laconia so it was just Nurse Julie and I this evening.  I was enjoying (believe it or not) going outside with Jaxon every two minutes because the afternoon/evening was so beautiful.  It was clear and cool and fresh and pretty much bugless.

I thought it would be fun if Nurse Julie and I were spontaneous and threw the boys in their chairs and walked to the diner to get creemees (actually I got a root beer float). It was perfect out for the boys. Ahhh! Funny thing. Casey had his DynaVox and asked Julie to read the newspaper. I had picked up the mail and he saw that I had a Buyer's Digest. He wanted the movie listings and they had none. While we were sitting at the tables, he kept looking over at the house next door. He said, "Newspaper house." We asked if he wanted to go next door and ask for a newspaper, and he laughed and said "yes". Julie teased him by saying go right ahead (since he only had his manual chair. Then he said, "Newspaper house drive Casey." He is such a funny kid!  So proud of his communication skills--they are improving by leaps and bounds by the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment