Sunday, December 3, 2017

Christmas Cards

Christmas cards are finding their way to our mailbox, so thank you. 

Christmas 2013 was the last Christmas that we had our Colin physically here with us.  It was also the last time I sent out holiday cards.  I enjoyed the whole process of holiday cards.  Making my list, joining a card exchange with SMA families, picking out cards, thinking up how to dress and pose the boys, and trying to get a decent photo :), writing out the cards and envelopes and even putting the stamps on each envelope. 

But without Collie, it's too hard.  I can't imagine doing all the above and not having Colin included in our picture.  I just can't. 

So you won't be getting a card from us this year (or in the previous 3 years)  Thank you for all of those that continue to send us cards without us reciprocating.  I know some of you have asked, especially our first year without Collie, if we wanted to get a card from them--most likely with a picture of their family.  I said "yes."  It was hard to see the cards come in that first year but I still cherished each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment