Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Colin Sign?

Casey is interested in the Mayflower today.  You know, since Thanksgiving is near...Anyway he was looking at things on YouTube.  I was thinking we had a book on the Mayflower so I went to look on Casey's bookshelves.  Turns out I was thinking of a book on Columbus--only a hundred or so years off, haha.  He didn't seem interested in the Columbus book so I stood there to think for a moment what else we might have.  I saw that there was a bookmark on the floor.  I picked it up and went to put it back on the top shelf where there were a bunch of other bookmarks.  My attention was drawn to a colorful turkey made from construction paper.  My first thought was, "That's weird.  How did Casey's 'Thankful Turkey' get here?"  Then I noticed that taped to it was a pressed tree leaf that we pressed and laminated years ago.  Then I saw it was Colin's 'Thankful turkey' from 2008.  I have boxes of holiday decorations that used to take out religiously prior to each holiday.  After Colin died, all of those boxes have stayed up in the attic except for Christmas.  We have to decorate and celebrate Christmas for Casey's sake.  I have no clue how the paper turkey got on the bookshelf--especially since I had just replaced an old book case with this new one that I painted a few weeks ago.  I took ALL the books off of the old shelf and went through each one and made keep and give away piles.  I totally would have seen the turkey and leaf when I was going through everything.  Sign from Colin???  I like to think that Colin was with us at this time.  💙💙💙💙


 I just put Casey's 'Thankful Turkey' and Colin's 'Thankful Turkey' and the pressed leaf up on the door to the yellow room.

 Colin's 'Thankful Turkey' from 2008


 Casey's 'Thankful Turkey' from this year.


 The bookcase where I found the turkey and the leaf.


#Loved and missed

1 comment:

  1. I do believe in spirits and I believe he was there today.

    ReplyDelete