Saturday, June 21, 2014

Feeling accomplished and it's only 3PM

Someone was not a good sleeper last night.  And it wasn't Casey, Gene, Moxie, Nugget or Jaxon.  I think I flipped this person a dozen times and he was "ahhing" and "mama-ing" for hours.  I tried sleeping in bed with him, talking to him, repositioning him, Ibuprofen, etc. and nothing worked.  I finally put another blanket on him and he went back to sleep.  I think he likes the pressure of a heavy blanket, just like he likes the pressure of rice socks on his feet.  Anyway, it was a long night.

At about 6:30 or so, I gave Casey his meds, flipped and changed them, filled humidifier chambers and turned them over to Gene while I went up for a couple of hours.  Ahhh!  Of course I woke up right at 9:30 when they needed their next dose of food while everyone slept on.  Oh well, I felt pretty rested.

Julia came up this AM because she hadn't worked for several days.  Boys were still sleeping away so she made formula and did her thing.

I made Peggy's Special French Toast for us and Gene made bacon.  Yum.

Discovered that the molasses had leaked everywhere so that created a project of taking everything off that shelf, washing things and putting everything back.  Then, don't ask how, but I dropped the coffee scoop behing the fridge which created another project.  Moving the fridge out, vacuuming behind it, cleaning the floor, puttting the fridge back.  Then we took everything off the top of the fridge (I know we're not supposed to do that but we have such limited room) wiped it down and organized the bags of coffees, teas, iced k-cups, regular k-cups, etc.  Good job done.  Oh, replaced the water filter in the Keurig.  Not sure if it does anything, but we had some so I did it.

Lots of loads of laundry done.  Cleaned boys suctions. 

Gene and I worked out front for a bit planting the rest of the annuals, mulching the flower bed, and watering everything.

Got Colin washed up and out to the living room.  Nancy H is here now and getting Casey ready for the day and up into his chair. 

OH, and Julia and Gene took the old pool down.  Now, of course, the old pool is still in the backyard and we need to do something to prepare the ground for the new one (vole holes, uneven ground, weeds, etc.) but it's a start.


No comments:

Post a Comment