Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Casey ears and first time at Trader Joe's

Casey's follow up with Dr. Hubbell went okay.  Casey's left ear was "moist" and looked like it had some debris so Dr. Hubbell used his trusty suction wand sucked it out :)   He wants us to treat Casey's ear with Ciprodex two times a day for a week.  He also had, at my request, a little talk with Casey about listening to music too loud with his ear buds.  I forget what words he actually used but maybe Julie will remember, but we were going to use them as our mantra when Casey asks to have his ipod music turned up.  I guess my poor brain is still fuzzy and tired from camp if I can't even remember, oh dear.

We were in the exam room for about 6 minutes tops.  I think I waited to make a follow up appointment longer than we were in the exam room, sigh.  But that's okay.

I turned the keys over to Julie and she drove us over to Trader Joe's.  Ran into Lynne Moon on her way out.  Good to see her, if only for a couple of minutes.

Casey and Julie did their thing and wandered around the perimeter while I poked around on my own.  Very overwhelming!  I had planned on getting some goodies to send to our counselors at camp so I focused on looking for snack foods.  Found some freeze dried blueberries, some yummy looking trail mix and some chocolate covered sunflower seeds.  Then I looked for the Orange Chicken that Jennifer always talks about.  Picked up some yummy sounding side dish with quinoa, sour dough bread and a Greek salad. 

Casey asked one of the employees if they had any magazines....that's my boy!!  Then he promptly asked Julie to take him to Barnes & Noble, ha ha.  He also wanted to buy Dada flowers so I had him pick out a bunch.  He picked out a very vibrant looking bunch of sunflowers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment