Monday, June 24, 2013

11 Days

It's been 11 days of sickness here.  BUT, I am declaring, today, that the boys did NOT get it.  Gene and I were the sick ones.

This was a bad one.  Gene and I were terrified that the boys would get what we had.  Somehow they stayed well.  I attribute this to how their immune system has been built up through the years and the Sambucus Immune Syrup that I've been giving them daily this cold/flu season. I truly think that the balance between keeping them home in a bubble and going out in the world among the germy people has worked in building up the boys' resistance to catching sickness.  Still, it's always a crap shoot because, honestly, a mere cold could cause the boys severe respiratory distress despite their immune system and our cautiousness. 

Gene started with something on the 16th.  He took to his bed (I ended up in the aunt room since he contaminated our room).  We didn't see him for about 4 days.  He had to help a little bit but mostly stayed away.

I got it towards the end of his fourth day so he was able to help out more then.  Thank goodness!  Lots of sinus stuff, aches, ugh.

So happy the boys stayed healthy!  Really is a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment