Monday, August 22, 2011

Exciting things!

Two exciting things happened today, but I'm only going to tell you about one of them ;-)

I'd been pondering getting tickets for the boys to see Big Time Rush at the Champlain Valley Fair. Casey and I are already going to see Lady Antebellum with MJ, Brenda and Connie....but I really didn't want to miss, I mean for the boys to miss, such a cool show. I asked Gene if he thought we should go and he was okay with it. $170 later, we're going!! It will be Aunt Chris, me and the boys. Gene will go with us and walk around the fair while we're in the show. We did that with the Jonas Bros. and that worked out fine. I wasn't going to tell Casey yet but I forgot to tell Aunt Chris not to say anything, ooops. So, when Casey used his DynaVox to say, "When is the next good music concert?" Instead of saying Lady Antebellum she said Sunday and Big Time Rush! I think he's excited. Colin said, "YAY"!!!!

Casey spent some time out on the swing with Julie today. Not sure what they did but he probably listened to music. It was a beautifully cool and breezy day--more like fall.

Colin and Nana L played some old-time computer games-Monster's Inc and some Putt-putt. We haven't played those in a couple of years! For some reason Colin is obsessed with Randall from Monster's Inc. He's also Obsessed with Rango right now. Gene found him an Australian outback hat that he got from someone and I cleaned it up and he loves wearing it. Aunt Chris found him a glittery, blue star (perfect for him since it was his beloved BLUE) but Jackson got a hold of it and pretty much chewed it up. I took a Big Change Roundup for Kids badge (raises money for our children's hospital) and covered it with aluminum foil and Colin is happy again.

I never got to take my read/nap today but got a chance to have a good catchup with a facebook friend from Canada.

I'm actually reading a book again. Dad gave me Smokin' Seventeen for my birthday and I'm really enjoying it. It's definitely a laugh out loud book! It even comes with stickers in the back "I <3 Ranger" or "I <3 Morelli" I'm looking forward to sporting "I <3 Ranger". How about you?????

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear that colin and casey are doing well! Send them my love! I hope you and gene are doing well too! HH <3 - The best HH counselor ever (Megan)!!

    ReplyDelete