Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We all saw the New Year arrive!

I've been wanting to have a family sleepover in the living room for a long time.  Colin has poo-pooed this idea for years--he likes his routines!  But, he's been a little 'looser' lately and I felt like it was a good time to try.

We already had some of their equipment in the living room already--so that was a start.  I was thinking we'd only have to bring in Casey's monitor and plug.  But wait, we also needed the suction plugs, and the feeding pump plugs and the cough machine and Colin's microphone stand we use for venting his belly, and their stuffies and positioning pillows, etc.  It was like we were going on a trip to the Reilly's or camp or somewhere although we were just going into another room!   I got out their sleeping bags but we opened them up instead of trying to stuff them in :)  

8:00 we started watching Rockin' New Year's Eve with a tribute to Dick Clark.  Even Colin was into it.  We all watched the entire 4 hours of it.  The boys really liked the clips and interviews of the 'old' rockers.  Madonna, Boy George, The Bangles...all so much fun to watch.

Peggy came back from the movies around 9:30 or so.  She wanted to go right to bed and not stay up but we nagged her and she reluctantly stayed up.  She didn't even drink any beer!

We got ready for the ball drop and it all happened so quickly and then it was over. We had a little big of Prosecco, which I actually enjoyed but I only like it in tiny little sips. 









Peggy was upstairs by 12:02 and we had the boys snuggled in by 12:12.   I started off on the couch but I had a couch-mate and he didn't smell very good and had bony elbows, so I left Jaxon on the couch and I put my body pillow on the floor between the boys' mattresses and spent most of the night there.  It was pretty comfy and warm and it was easy to reposition the boys when they wanted to move.  Gene slept in his chair.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment